Diabetes is very bad disease which makes a man internally weak and cause of quick weight loss. Increase of sugar level in human body causes Diabetes. Some time it can be control by prevention but mostly it is cure by treatment.
Diabetic patient must have great cleanliness because uncleanliness harms diabetic patient. A Diabetic patient should clean his feet and hands specially. If he doesn’t keep clean his feet they will get injury and at the end they should be remove from his body.
It is very important to understand the connection between Diabetes and foot care. A patient with Diabetes is more vulnerable to feet problem because Diabetes damage your nerves and reduce blood flow to your feet.
Must Read: Tips For Easy Delivery
Why Should I be so careful?
- The presence of high glucose level in blood can damage body or body function.
- Although it is low and unusual process but in diabetes it works very fast.
- A condition called diabetic neuropathy can occur sometimes.
- Commonly, this manifests itself as peripheral neuropathy, and usually affects the sensory nerves in the legs.
- Even your nervous system is slightly damaged, the extremities of body will become numb.
Must Read: How to Protect Your Child From Malnutrition
Foot Care Tips For Diabetic Patients
These Tips should be follow in daily routine of diabetic patient.
- Wash your feet and dry them very carefully.
- Make a habit of washing your feet with mild soap daily. If you are in poor health, soak your feet in lukewarm water daily.
- Dry your feet with a clean and soft towel carefully. The feet should be dried completely before wearing shoes or soaks.
- Lukewarm water is recommended to diabetic patients for washing and soaking feet. It is very comfortable for them. Hot water although feel more soothing but it is harder on skin. Cold water decreases blood flow in feet so it is not recommended.
- Cut Your nails very carefully and keep them clean.
- Don’t sit with your legs crossed or stand in one position for long period of time.
- If you feel that your feet skin is rough or dry use lotion or oil. Do not use lotion between toes.
- Trim your nails after washing your feet when they become soft.
- Do not wear shoes that are made of plastic or those materiel that do not breath.
- Avoid thong sandals, open shoes, pointed-toe,flip flop and very high heels.
Keep Visiting Health Blushon